Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Everybody Wants to Be On the Ground Floor...

All of us want to think we are a part of something bigger than ourselves. How many of us have been tempted to jump on the pyramid bandwagon and make not only money from our own sales, but the sales of those we bring into the fold?  Amway, Tupperware, Herbalife, Shaklee, just to name a few. And the latest and greatest one out there is Gorilla-Gobbledee-Goo. I can tell you all about it.

Psych! No such goo-type product. Just something out of the mind of my husband to throw me off track.

I only wanted to blog today to say thank you to those of you who are reading my blog. I also have another one on a Christian writers website where I share my personal woes, beliefs, etc. On that site alone I have had several thousand readers. Who knew?!?

This blog was started years ago under the name Pikes Peak General Store, to help draw people to my online store of the same name.  But I digress. I changed the name of the blog to its current name quite recently because the focus of my blogging has changed.

Soon, I will have a book published on Amazon, Kindle and Nook entitled The Disappearance of Simon Archer. I have been blogging about the book, about life in the Rockies, about memories of my childhood, about a precious uncle of mine who recently passed on, and, oh, yes, about the notorious rogue bear who likes the food in my pantry and fridge.

I wanted today to simply say a huge thank you. I never knew people would actually read what I write, but I'm so glad that you do. You aren't investing in a pyramid plan, but you are sort of on the ground floor of my writing career, watching it emerge from the floor up.

So far around 6000 of you have read my musings between both sites. Please don't stop. I appreciate more than you know that you read my blog.

I remain, forever in your debt,

Until next time,
Hazel

***Picture: bridge in front yard leading to drive. Love to sit there and write.

No comments: