Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Compassionate, Tenderhearted Man

I am one blessed woman! Can I get a witness!!! I cannot begin to tell you what it is for me to live the life I live with the man who calls me his wife.

I'd like for you to know him as well as I do. Where do I begin? well, let's see. First of all, Don sings like nobody's business. I've never heard anything like it in my life! And take my word for it! I've been around for a L-O-N-G time and heard lots of singers, and his voice is Amazing!!!!!  But if his voice were taken away today, I'd still have this wonderful man, who is a prince among men.

Hokey? You bet. But sometimes it needs to be said. As I've mentioned before, we've gone through a hard time the last few years and it's been my pleasure to stand up for him in ways I never though I'd have to stand up for anyone. And I wouldn't have done it, if not for his character. He's trustworthy, kind and above board in his personal and business life.

In our time together, Don has taken care of me when I'm sick (which has been a lot!!!), prayed for me, cried with me, held my hand, hugged my neck, wiped my tears, brushed my hair when my hands hurt too bad to hold the brush, cooked our meals (he's a pretty darn good cook. I love that in a man!!!)...

You catch my drift, right? I mean, he isn't Superman, but God knew he was the one for me. He came into my life at a time when I was searching, living life as a single mother, working hard to make ends meet. We met while singing on worship team at Woodmen Valley Chapel in Colorado Springs. Meeting for coffee turned into hiking dates, movies, dinner and after two years we married. He came into the relationship with eyes wide open. He was marrying a woman who was ill, struggling daily with health issues...big ones.

And he's never wavered.  That's who he is. To know him is to admire him. For me, besides the Saving Grace of Jesus Christ, he's been my most appreciated  and welcome gift.

I LOVE YOU, Don Peterson.

No comments: