Monday, July 14, 2008

Christmas in July

Today I started filling our store with Christmas items. My house has been full of snowmen, moose (or is it meese), and Santas and now it is time to share them with you. I think our holiday items are great and more will be coming as the summer progresses. But you really must buy them because there is NO way I could possibly decorate my house with all this WONDERFUL stuff! If you live in the Monument/Palmer Divide area of Colorado, please come in our store at 481 Hwy. 105, Suite B to shop or pick up your online purchases.

Other news: I finished a prayer shawl for a friend of mine, who owns Innovations Salon next door to our pack & ship. She has cancer and is currently in treatment in Oklahoma. I can't tell you how moving it was to see her face and experience how overwhelmed she was to receive it. She said to me, "there's no way I can ever repay you for all you do for me". I told her to "just get well". The shawls aren't about self-gratification or to receive praise from anyone. It is about blessing someone's life. You can order one from me and bless someone, too.

If you are in the Calhan, Colorado area next week and the week following please stop by the El Paso County Fair and see the afghan I entered. I've never entered anything before, but I wanted to get a feel for what people thought of my efforts. I have also entered an afghan and a prayer shawl in the State Fair in Pueblo. I am so excited about it, even if I don't place at all. It has done a tremendous amount for my self esteem to bring these projects to completion. Soon I will be offering both large and smaller afghans and baby blankets online at PikesPeakGeneralStore.com.

Hope to see you there soon,

Hazel

No comments: