Thursday, July 10, 2008

The First Day's Thoughts

Opening day of Pikes Peak General Store was Tuesday, July 8, 2008, and we are so excited we can barely contain ourselves. We have had 903 hits to our site since that date. That's amazing!

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has been so encouraging while I've been building this site. It's been a dream of mine for some time to have something I can do while living with rheumatoid arthritis. I'm awed by everyone's kindness, congeniality, hugs, encouraging words, and patience with me while I have made this transition in my life.

My husband, Don, has been loving, kind and supportive during this time as well. He's the one who has to live with me and when I've been confused with the world of computers and wanted to throw the thing in the trash, he has consoled me, pulled me away from the computer, bought me a strawberry shake (my favorite), or whatever it took to get me through the moment. I am so blessed and fortunate to have this man in my life.

On to other news: I just got a huge shipment of Christmas items which will be making their debut in the general store as well as our storefront, 1st Class Pack & Ship in Monument, Colorado. I think you will love them. I've been impatiently waiting for them to arrive and I'm going to have a little bit of Christmas in July at my house while I do the inventory, cataloging,photographing and filling our shopping pages for you.

The prayer shawls are an item you can order from us and I will hand knit it for you. This is a unique type of gift as while I am knitting it, I pray for whomever will receive it. I have knitted them for people with illness, going through divorces, and "just because I love them". I have seen people cry with the emotion of receiving such a gift. The experience is awesome and one I cannot adequately explain.


Any feedback is welcome.

Best wishes from PPGS,

Hazel Peterson
Proprietor

No comments: